Richardson Real Heroes has chosen seven volunteers from five organizations to recognize this year for their unselfish and unheralded work to improve the lives of Richardson residents. The volunteers will be recognized with a ceremony and reception, sponsored by the Richardson Coalition.
The event is open to the public and we invite you to join us in honoring the 2017 Richardson Real Heroes. RSVP by April 4 to RichardsonRealHero@gmail.com. More information about the Richardson Real Heroes Program can be found at www.RichardsonRealHeroes.com.
The 2017 honorees and the organizations for which they volunteer are:
* Christie Abbott & Jerry Moore, CARE Corps – Richardson East Church of Christ
* Walter & Kay King, Friends of the Richardson Library
* Beth Chisum, Methodist Richardson Medical Center
* Ruth Ann Aldridge, NETWORK of Community Ministries
* Diane Hodges, Richardson Adult Literacy Center
Richardson City Elections Candidates (in ballot order):
- Jared Weadon
- Paul Voelker (incumbent)
- Place 1:
- Bob Dubey
- Place 2:
- Mark Solomon (incumbent)
- Place 3:
- Scott Dunn (incumbent)
- Place 4:
- Cory Montfort
- Mabel Simpson (incumbent)
- Place 5:
- Marta Gómez Frey (incumbent)
- Kashif Riaz
- Place 6:
- Steve Mitchell (incumbent)
- April 6: last day to register to early vote
- April 24 – May 2: Early Voting
- May 6: Election Day
League of Women Voters® of Richardson Candidate Forum – April 19, 7pm
The League of Women Voters of Richardson will hold a mayoral and city council candidate forum. The public meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 7:00 pm in the Grand Hall of the Richardson Civic Center, 411 W. Arapaho Road, Richardson, TX 75080.
For more information, please refer to: lwvrichardson.org
The Richardson Coalition is not affiliated with the League of Women Voters® of Richardson. We provide the above for informational purposes only.